Monday, October 27, 2014

SuriVao Escape: Tres Marias Falls - Mantunao Eco Park

On our 1st day at Davao Oriental, another falls that we visited is the Tres Marias Falls at Mantunao Ecopark.  I admit, I’ve been here several times already but each visit is truly memorable.
Just like the waters of Aliwagwag Falls, the water at Tres Marias Falls is really cold. I remember before, we would just dip our bottle of soft drinks in the running water and after an hour or so, the drinks are already cold (not ice cold of course but cool enough). The falls has 3-tiers and maybe that's the reason why it got it's name.
Stairway going to the falls.
 
There are no nearby sari-sari store in the vicinity, so its highly recommended that you pack your own food. Good thing that my mom was with us, she prepared all the food that we have hehe :) You might want to note that there is an entrance/ registration fee upon entering (I just forgot how much it cost). The area is not yet fully developed so don't expect cottages and tables. Although for me, it is one of the charms of the area. My friends and I just sat by the rocks while chatting and enjoying our food. By the way, that day, we were the only group there so it feels like we rented the whole area haha
 
Like I said, there are no tables and cottages there :)

Small cave just beside the falls.

It was a short but memorable side trip to Tres Marias. What better way to cap off the 1st day of our SuriVao Escape. More photos below for your viewing pleasure :)
Looks refreshing :)


No comments:

Post a Comment