Friday, October 31, 2014

SuriVao Escape: Tinuy-an Falls, Bislig Surigao del Sur

After visiting the Enchanted River of Hinatuan, we proceeded to Tinuy-an Falls, touted as Niagara Falls of the Philippines. This beauty is located in Burboanan, Bislig City, one hour ride from Mangagoy (where I was born) and a good 45 minutes if coming from Hinatuan. For those planning to do a DIY trip here, there are habal-habal available although be extra cautious because the road here is not yet paved. A minimal fee is required upon entrance. Life jackets are also being rented but is not required.
 
The site of cascading falls welcomed us although I noticed that the water is not as strong like on my first visit. This, however, did not stop us from exploring and enjoying the area.
Here is a photo of Tinuy-an when we went there and my first thought was "Where is the water?".
Photo when I first went here in December 2013, see what I mean?
Yes guys anong ganap?
Aside from the "main" falls, there are also mini falls at the top so if your feeling adventurous, this is also a great activity.  However, one activity that you shouldn't miss (at least for me) when visiting Tinuy-an is riding the balsa (raft) and shower in the falls. The pressure is really strong and its like getting a hard massage. Again, be extra cautious, the water is somewhat murky and the rocks are slippery.
The day before our visit was the celebration of Adlaw ng Tinuy-an (Tinuy-an Day), that's why a stage was set up here. Of course, this spot is perfect for my barkada's jump shot :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment