Thursday, October 20, 2016

Is Your Morphe Brushes Palette Authentic?

While I was in 168 Mall in Divisoria the other day, I saw a lot of fake cosmetics and how crowds are totally digging those products. I can't blame them, I know how tempting it is to buy fake makeup. Just imagine having that cult favorite Nars Orgasm blush for a fraction of a price? Sounds like heaven for us tipid girls. 

I never patronize fake makeup, not because I can afford the real deal, but because buying counterfeit cosmetics is always a bad idea. Why? You don't know where they come from and what ingredients they contain. Some may even contain carcinogenic and other harmful ingredients like arsenic, lead and mercury.

Morphe is a popular brand among makeup artists and makeup geeks. They offer gorgeous eyeshadow and blush palettes as well as makeup brushes. So for this post, I am not gonna tell you why you shouldn't buy fake cosmetics. Instead, I'll share what to look for or how can you check if a Morphe palette you've been eyeing is the real one.
Morphe box (front)
First, the box itself is sturdy and not flimsy and is almost 1 inch thick. The color of the box is matte black and letters in the "MORPHE" (aside from the "M") and "www.morphebrushes.com" are written in gray and not white. At the back of the box, the letters in the ingredients section are also written in gray. Font style of looks like Times New Roman. 
Serial number at the lower right of the box (back side)
The serial number is printed in the box and is not a sticker. There are no stickers whatsoever on the box of an authentic Morphe. The square of the serial number is in white. Letters and numbers inside are written in black. You can also see the variant of the Morphe palette. Here I have the 35N which is an all-matte palette.
When you open the box, flap of authentic Morphe should face away from you and not facing you.
Morphe palette when you pull out from the box
 When you pull out the Morphe palette, it will be covered in bubble-wrap.
Bubble wrap of the Morphe palette inside
 The bubble wrap is a double layer. Most fake Morphe palettes only have 1 layer of bubble wrap.
Morphe palette (front)
Morphe palette (back)
Sticker of the Morphe palette
The sticker is a glossy grey and the text is in black. Font style looks like Arial Narrow.
The clasp or closure of the palette looks like the photo above. It's square-ish, not round.
Morphe brushes 35N Palette (top view)
You can see that the palette is symmetric and perfectly aligned. The 35N palette is arranged in 5 pans per column or 7 pans per row.
Clear film covering the eyeshadows
The clear film is very thin. In fake Morphe palettes, the film is quite thick.
Close up of the eyeshadow pans
Since I bought the 35N palette which is an all-matte palette, I believe it is common sense that no eyeshadow should have shimmer or glitter on them. Also, the eyeshadows are flat and not in concave shape.
Morphe brushes 35N Palette
If you are really tempted to buy fake cosmetics, step back and think, "Is this really worth it?" "Am I willing to risk my health?". If you can't afford high-end or pricey makeup, just do your research and you will see tons of results for dupes of different makeup products. In fact, there are lots of good drugstore makeup, so better pick that than fake makeup. I hope this post has helped you! :)

14 comments:

  1. i have just received my morphe palette in 35n also and this post helped me check its authenticity and it is really authentic. thanks for the help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi raya, glad to be of help :) i am enjoying my palette with no worries whatsoever so i hope you are too!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this helpful post. Just received my pallette and was checking for these details. Some say the original pallette has three circular shapes near the hinges. Could you confirm that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Durdana, I immediately checked my palette when I saw your comment.. I did see see some circular shapes near the hinges both outside and inside the palette though I saw 5 of them not three..

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just received my morphe 35F and it does only have 1 bubble wrap? wehereas it does have all the other details plz answer me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and i find that the (35f) is not printed on the serial number... there is a grey stick on it writtne 35f

      Delete
    2. hi, it has only 1 bubble wrap but it is double layer though..
      also, the grey/silver sticker is supposed to be on the back of the palette and not on the box.

      Delete
    3. hi, you may also refer to link below..it also tells how to spot fake morphe..
      https://stardustandlipstick.wordpress.com/2017/07/02/morphe-palettes-real-vs-fake/

      Delete
  5. Hi, I got a morphe pallet from a store at an outlet mall and the front of the pallet says morphe brushes, and not just "morphe". Is it a fake? please help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi,may I know what morphe palette did you purchase? (i.e 35OS, Jaclyn Hill, etc.)

      Delete
  6. Hi I have also ordered a Morphe palette which says ‘Morphe brushes’ instead of just Morphe do that mean it’s fake? It’s the 35b palette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I have also ordered a Morphe palette which says ‘Morphe brushes’ instead of just Morphe do that mean it’s fake? It’s the 35b palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I couldn't tell for sure..I have yet to see a palette that says "Morphe Brushes". Usually its "Morphe" with the red "M" or the recent palette design with just a huge"M". Have you tried checking other details of the palette?

      Delete